Submit your newly published or forthcoming book to participate in the Columbus Book Festival.
Submission Deadline: December 30
The Columbus Book Festival will be held July 13-14, 2023. Submissions for featured author participation will be accepted through Dec. 30, 2023.
The festival will feature adult and children’s programs. There will be two days of book talks, panel discussions, workshops and book signings by YOU, national, regional and local-to-Ohio authors with a new book to promote. An outdoor festival marketplace will include retail booksellers and literary exhibitors.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Book Submission Guidelines:
Eligible authors will have a book published between July 1, 2023 and June 30, 2024.
Books from a variety of viewpoints and topics will be considered based on how they fit into existing panels and themes featured in our festival.
Subjects and genres desired for adult, young adult and children:
- Popular Fiction
- Sci-fi, historical and contemporary fiction, romance, thriller, mystery, humor, etc.
- Graphic novels
- Children’s literature
- Series writers
- Popular Nonfiction
- Narrative nonfiction, biographies, historical nonfiction, journalistic nonfiction and expository writing for a broad audience (current affairs)
- Art and poetry
- Cookbooks and food-related nonfiction
- Popular science
Books with an exceedingly narrow audience, such as textbooks, instructional books and business texts, will not be considered.
Self-published works MAY be accepted if the following applies:
- Book must be professionally edited and presented
- ISBN and barcode required
- Author must have a press kit and website
- Established retailer or distributor from which wholesale copies can be purchased
Note: There is an opportunity for authors seeking to sell copies of a book they have printed themselves directly to attendees. Visit the Exhibitor page for more details.
Now through Dec. 30: Book and author submissions
January through February 2024: Confirmations/selection sent
March through May 2024: Panel sessions schedule created
Featured Author Perks & Participation:
If your book is selected, congrats! You will be invited to participate in one or more panel discussions, give an author talk or interview as your time allows.
- Your photo, short bio, book cover and description will be featured on the Festival website, in marketing emails and communication and in the Festival Guide.
- You’ll get to meet and greet readers and fans directly at book signing stations.
- All sales will be managed by an onsite official festival bookstore who is a New York Times reporting seller.
- Modest honorarium
- Tiered reimbursement for travel and lodging available for authors who reside outside of central Ohio.
Festival Weekend Time Commitment
- Featured Authors do not receive tabling space to sign books for the duration of the festival weekend.
- Your participation is through one-to-two 60-minute panel discussions. You’ll get to meet and greet readers and fans directly at book signing stations for 30 minutes immediately following your panel.
- You may be invited to moderate a panel or participated in add-on programming like “Author Speed Chatting” if your time allows.
- The rest of the festival is yours to enjoy as an attendee.