Submit your newly published or forthcoming book to participate in the Columbus Book Festival.
The inaugural Columbus Book Festival will be held July 15-16, 2023. Submissions for author participation will be accepted through Dec. 29, 2022.
The festival will feature adult and children’s programs. There will be two days of book talks, panel discussions, workshops and book signings by YOU, national, regional and local-to-Ohio authors with a new book to promote. An outdoor fair will include retail booksellers and literary exhibitors.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Book Submission Guidelines:
Eligible authors will have a book published between January 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023.
Books from a variety of viewpoints and topics will be considered based on how they fit into existing panels and themes featured in our festival.
Subjects and genres desired for adult, young adult and children:
- Popular fiction
- Sci-fi, historical and contemporary fiction, romance, thriller, mystery, humor and other popular genres.
- Graphic novels
- Children’s literature
- Series writers
- Popular nonfiction
- Narrative nonfiction, biographies, historical nonfiction, journalistic nonfiction and expository writing for a broad audience (current affairs)
- Art and poetry
- Cookbooks or food-related nonfiction
- Popular science
Books with an exceedingly narrow audience, such as textbooks, instructional books and business texts, will not be considered.
Self-published works MAY be accepted if the following applies:
- Book must be professionally edited and presented
- ISBN and barcode required
- Author must have a press kit and website
- Established retailer or distributor from which copies can be purchased
Note: There is an opportunity for authors seeking to sell copies of a book they have printed themselves directly to attendees. Visit the Exhibitor page for more details.
Now – Dec.: Book submissions accepted
Jan. – Feb.: Confirmations sent
March – May: Panel sessions determined
Author Perks & Participation:
If your book is selected, congrats! You will be invited to participate in one or more panel discussions, give an author talk or interview as your time allows.
- Your photo, short bio, book cover and description will be featured on the festival website, in marketing emails and communication and in the Festival Guide.
- You’ll get to meet and greet readers and fans directly at book signing stations.
- All sales will be managed by an onsite official festival bookstore who is a New York Times reporting seller.
- You’ll be treated to a welcome reception on Friday evening and have access to the Author Lounge with food and drink for the duration of the festival.
- A personal concierge will be dedicated to getting you to and from your sessions and signings in a timely and safe manner.
- All authors will receive a tote bag full of cool swag.
- Stipends for travel and lodging may be available.